Redhat 9.0 cd not found

  • Jud
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2003
      Thanks for helping me out here.
      I'm trying install Redhat 9.0 on my inspiron 8200. First, the screen
      gets weird with lots of black vertical lines when it enters the
      "graphical part" Then, when it asks where I want to install linux
      from and when I specifiy from cd, it tells me it can't find the cd to
      install it from. I also tried installing for harddrive and specifing
      /dev/hdc as the location. I also tried installing using the command
      linux cdrom=hdc (it may have been hdc-cdrom I can't remember, I read
      it somewhere on the redhat website) Anyways I can't figure it out and
      can't find anybody with similar problems.
      I've been having the same problem on another computer (a Dell optiplex
      gx1), but it doesn't have the same graphical problems, it just can't
      find the cd.
      Thanks for the help.