Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: CPxJ 650 and hotswappable drives...

  • iriXx
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2003
      news so far in case you're interested... installed today and all is
      working beautifully, no problems with floppy at all, it just hotswaps
      away... mandrake 9.0 and shortly to add planetccrma and/or turnkey...
      it detected my external usb drive fine too, for some reason usb-storage
      module is listed under scsi/raid... no wonder i could never find it before!

      bw
      m~

      Steve Harris wrote:
      > Heh, yeah, the 8k is the standard work issue millstone, I do most of my
      > development on it. Its not an entirly wonderful machine, but it seems to
      > be slightly less bad than other machines on the market. Shite soundcard,
      > but it weighs marginally less than my racked studio machine ;)
      >
      > - Steve
      >
      > On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 07:33:57 +0100, iriXx wrote:
      >
      >>cool :) heh, didnt know you were a dell user
      >>i've only just got the CPx since i blew up my thinkpad a few weeks back!
      >>i guess i probably wont need the floppy for much im just concerned about
      >>making rescue disks, but i'll be using partition magic so probably not
      >>too much of a worry...
      >>
      >>thanx
      >>
      >>m~
      >>
      >>Steve Harris wrote:
      >>
      >>>Hi,
      >>>
      >>>The DVD drive in my 8100 works fine with my redhat/planet ccrma system,
      >>>but I've never tried the floppy, its gathering dust in a box somewhere.
      >>>
      >>>I'm sure some other redhat users at work must have used the floppy, and
      >>>none of them have complained about it not working.
      >>>
      >>>- Steve

      >>--
      >> ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ HTTP 503: Too Busy
      >>

      >> .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.
      >>
      >> gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E

      ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ HTTP 503: Too Busy