Re: i4150 + TrueMoble 1150 + WEP + RedHat 9?

  • Jon Dreyer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2003
      > I had Wireless working fine on my i4150 with
      > TrueMobile 1150, WEP, and Red Hat 8.0. (See
      > http://www.pobox.com/~jdreyer/i4150/).
      >
      > I just installed RedHat 9.0.
      > [but if I manually edit my]
      > ifcfg-eth1 file, it doesn't find the access point:

      The problem was that the network "system settings" gui seems to create
      ifcfg- files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, but also makes copies
      in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices and
      /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles. I had neglected to push my changes
      out to these copies. Deleting the copies made everything work as
      expected.

      Some day I'll explore the utility of device and profile configs, but
      for now I'm happy it's working!