Re: white screen on suspend

  • jtullett01
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Dan Christensen <jdc@u...>
      wrote:
      > I reported the same white screen problem to the list, and got no
      > answers that let me fix it. This is on an I4150, 1600x1200, Radeon
      > Mobility M7 LW, s2r, apm. It happens for me whether I'm running X or
      > not.

      As it happens, I had it working just the other day, but now it's
      buggered again. All I did was comment out the DRI entry under Modules
      in XF86Config, and suspend worked perfectly. Came back just fine, and
      the USB mouse which didn't used to work between suspends was now
      working again. Of course I didn't have DRI any more, but I don't
      really need it anyway.

      But today, suddenly, it's broken again. Same white screen problem, no
      DRI. Couple of days ago it was fine, today not, and I have no sense of
      having changed anything in the interim. Sigh. Square one.

      > The swsusp patch allows me to suspend-to-disk, so that's what I use
      > now, but I'd like to be able to suspend-to-ram too.

      Haven't tried that. I've messed around with phdisk, but without any
      real success. But then, haven't really tried hard with that either,
      since I don't often need to suspend to disk.

      > Let me know if you figure anything out. Do you have a Truemobile 1150
      > by any chance?

      Nope. Er, should I? What's a Truemobile 1150 when it's at home?

      -J