Wireless connection - How to resolve DNS name from Laptop
I bought a Dell C840 recently with built in wireless card. I have a
PIII PC configured with NETGEAR MA814 DSL Router. I want to my
notebook to share my internet connection wirelessly.
1. The PC is able to access the internet with DSL router setup.
2. My notebook is set up for Wireless. When I login to KDE I see my
eth1 is active. Also in Network --> DNS I see the DNS names resolved.
I am using Redhat 9.0
3. When type www.google.com on my notebook, it says connecting to
google and waiting for google and ultimately returns 'document
contains no data' error in mozilla.
4. However if i ping and get the IP address for www.google.com, I am
able to type the ip address in browser and the site is displayed.
5. I am able to access the wireless internet from my notebook in
Windows XP with no problem. Only from Redhat Notebook to Redhat PC
does not work.
I am desperate to find out what is going wrong here. I kind of sensing
that I need to configure something more. But I do not know what?
Any help is really appreciated (and needed )