Battery Status

  • James Ots
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 1:21 AM

      Since installing SuSE 8.2, ACPI is no longer reporting the charge on my
      batteries. It is telling me if the power is plugged in or not, but it always says the
      batteries are at 0% charge. I do have the battery kernel module inserted. It used
      to work fine in SuSE 8.1. (I only want a battery status - I don't care about
      suspending).

      Ideas anyone?

      --
      Cheers
      James Ots
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "James Ots" <yahoo@j...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Since installing SuSE 8.2, ACPI is no longer reporting the charge on my
        > batteries. It is telling me if the power is plugged in or not, but
        it always says the
        > batteries are at 0% charge. I do have the battery kernel module
        inserted. It used
        > to work fine in SuSE 8.1. (I only want a battery status - I don't
        care about
        > suspending).
        >
        > Ideas anyone?
        >
        > --
        > Cheers
        > James Ots
        > www.jamesots.com

        on boot prompt jutst type acpi=off or reinstall acpi disabled, you can
        choice this mode befor the instalation begins
      • jeremydtucker
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2003
          Hello To All,

          I just recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion 5100, and installed
          Redhat 9.0. I installed all the hardware without any major
          complications. It seems to run very well, but I just noticed
          something. Whether or not the AC power adaptor is plugged in, I
          get this message, "Plugged in-no battery". This is not true. Is
          there a way to get it to display the battery status?

          Thanks for the help ahead of time.

          Jeremy