Latitude C600 Noise Problem Fix

  • dougw@mho.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      I was having the same high pitched noise problem others seem to be experiencing
      with my Latitude C600 running stock RH 8.0. Based on posts here, it seemed to
      be an APM problem. It turns out that turning off power management in the setup
      solves the problem.

      The details (for the C600) for those interested. On power up (or restart) hit
      F2 to enter Setup. Go to the Power Management page - page 6 of 7 on the C600 -
      using Alt-P to go through the pages. Go to the Power Management line (using
      down/up arrows) and disable using left/right arrows. There are two entries -
      Battery and AC - change both as needed.

      I have a dual-boot system and I only use Linux while on AC, so I only disabled
      the AC setting. Now, the noise is gone as long as its using AC and returns
      immediately if AC is unplugged.

      Doug

      This message was sent using MHO WebMail.
      http://www.mho.net