Re: need pctel-0.9.6.tar.gz

  • Dave Kristol
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Caron
      <Eddy.Caron@e...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > You can found this driver here :
      > http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron/pctel-0.9.6.tar.gz But, I have always
      the
      > same problem with my I8200 modem (Dell C400). The modem dial but just
      > after the connection an HANGUP signal is given :-(
      >
      > Someone, could help me ? On some web page some persons have the same
      > problem but I can't found how to do to correct it.

      I'll see if I can at least get that far. :-) Thanks.

      Dave Kristol
    • holger2342
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2003
        Hi there,

        you might want to try Jan's new beta driver, which also has sound
        support for the intel chipsets. At least for my inspiron 4100 it
        works.
        http://www.medres.ch/~jstifter/pctel/pctel-0.9.7.html

        Concerning the NO CARRIER and hangup problems, changing the
        init-string for wvdial to
        Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 S7=99 +FCLASS=0
        (as posted on this list some time ago) helped for most cases, still NO
        CARRIER once or twice on average when trying to connect (bad enough!),
        and occasionally a complete system freeze (but magic SysReq still
        functional), but it works.
        If anybody has some hints about getting rid of NO CARRIER completely,
        please post.

        See also
        http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=17327&highlight=pctel for
        roughly the same topic.