[linux-dell-laptops] RH 6.1 Kernel lost PCMCIA after recompiling.

  • tj oconnor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 1999
      Hi, I've got a Dell Inspiron 3k running RedHat 6.1. I have a PCMCIA
      modem and PCMCIA cd-rw as well as built in cd-rom. I rebuilt my kernel
      so that it would emulate my CD drives as SCSI devices. While this
      worked for the built in drive, the recompile made PCMCIA not work.
      Although it shows up in the boot as starting the service... it fails to
      actually start. Has anyone faced this problem? Thanks. --tj