Timed Suspend

  • Simon Bonner
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm running RH8.0 on an i8200 with an NVIDIA GeForce 4. I finally got
      'round to patching and recompiling the driver last week and now can
      suspend successfully (Yay!). At the moment I have to do it manually using
      Fn+esc or by putting the lid down. Does anyone out there have timed-out
      suspend working? I've tried enabling this both through the BIOS and using
      DPMS through xset, but neither seems to have any effect. Unlike Dano's
      message from earlier, my system does not lock up it simply ignores DPMS.

      Does anyone have this working?

      Thanks all,

      Simon
    • Pierre Lombard
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003

        * Simon Bonner <sbonner@...> [2003-04-02 21:57]:
        > I'm running RH8.0 on an i8200 with an NVIDIA GeForce 4. I finally got
        > 'round to patching and recompiling the driver last week and now can
        > suspend successfully (Yay!). At the moment I have to do it manually using
        > Fn+esc or by putting the lid down. Does anyone out there have timed-out
        > suspend working? I've tried enabling this both through the BIOS and using
        > DPMS through xset, but neither seems to have any effect. Unlike Dano's
        > message from earlier, my system does not lock up it simply ignores DPMS.
        >
        > Does anyone have this working?

        The sleepd daemon should take care of this:
        http://www.kitenet.net/programs/sleepd/

        (it's probably packaged in your distro too)

        Best regards,
        --
        Pierre Lombard