Re: [linux-dell-laptops] wireless and airsnort

  • Greg A. Bur
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      I believe the Truemobile uses the Orinoco chipset but I'm not sure which firmware revision it has. You will have to patch the driver to enable monitor mode. You can find a link to the patch at the airsnort page. I had problems with the patch/airsnort when the PC card I was using had firmware other than 7.52.

      On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:10:46 -0000
      "Syntax" <elitesyntax@...> wrote:

      > How can i tell if my Dell Truemobile 1150 can do this be capable of
      > rf monitor mode, and that is pass monitor packets up via the
      > PF_PACKET interface useing airsnort?

      Greg A. Bur
      gbur@...
      http://www.rivertown-computers.com