wireless and airsnort

  • Syntax
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      How can i tell if my Dell Truemobile 1150 can do this be capable of
      rf monitor mode, and that is pass monitor packets up via the
      PF_PACKET interface useing airsnort?
    • Greg A. Bur
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
        I believe the Truemobile uses the Orinoco chipset but I'm not sure which firmware revision it has. You will have to patch the driver to enable monitor mode. You can find a link to the patch at the airsnort page. I had problems with the patch/airsnort when the PC card I was using had firmware other than 7.52.

        On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:10:46 -0000
        "Syntax" <elitesyntax@...> wrote:

        > How can i tell if my Dell Truemobile 1150 can do this be capable of
        > rf monitor mode, and that is pass monitor packets up via the
        > PF_PACKET interface useing airsnort?

        Greg A. Bur
        gbur@...
        http://www.rivertown-computers.com