Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Radeon 9000 i8.2k suse8.1

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003

      Are you using LILO or grub for your boot loader? /etc/lilo.conf should have numerous commented-out lines of resolutions along with their descriptions. Try switching from vga=normal to vga=771 ( I THINK!!! ) which would give you a 1024x768x32 console. Note that you'll have to reinstall lilo if this is the case (just run 'lilo' as root)

      If you're using grub, I have no idea. :/ I use Slackware, which doesn't support grub, and that's just fine by me :)

       Paul Kraus <pkraus@...> wrote:

      I have gotten my screen so that it is in the correct 1600x1200 res. And
      everything works great. I then added the line vga=normal to the kernel
      at startup and my consoles work fine. However is there a way I can get a
      better resolution on the consoles perhaps using a generic driver just
      for the consoles and still use the ati driver for the desktop?

      At work in windows I use two screens my lcd and an attached monitor
      however I am not able to do this is suse. Under multihead it won't let
      me do anything. How can I setup my monitor to work as a second desktop
      in suse?

      "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
      The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
      They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
      They choose the path where no-one goes."

      -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

      Do you Yahoo!?