Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Help I just switched to LINUX on my dell 8100

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1 9:12 AM

      I figured out how to get to other mail servers than Earthlink - we had to do this at work so our mobile users could connect. Unfortunately we had to use Outlook's settings to do this. I'll try to remember what we did, as it could be useful to someone else :)

       Randy Perkins <randyperkins@...> wrote:

      > I am familiar with Roadrunner people who I know who run with this
      > service like it a lot. I will give it a try and dump my old ISP.

      i have road runner cable modem at home
      and it works,works real well.
      it works better than either of the dsl setups i had had.
      Telocity, and Earthlink.
      Earthlink will not let you conect to any mail
      server but their own, if that is important to you.
      Telocity is outof business

      if you go with roadrunner and they offer roaming dial
      up access, i have figured out how to get it to work
      under linux, if you are interested

      see ya
      randy

      "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
      The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
      They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
      They choose the path where no-one goes."

      -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • knights25 knights
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1 3:19 PM

        No problem thanks for the input I appreciate it