Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Kernel Modification

  • ronin2@bellatlantic.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 9:11 AM
      On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:20:58 -0000
      "Sean" <seanbra@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I recently decided to attempt to use my Linksys wireless card on my
      > latitude. I've read all the sites and gor the info I need, but can
      > someone point me in the direction of some documentation, that
      > explains how to configure the kernel. I've got bits and pieces , but
      > I really would like something a bit more detailed.

      You'll need the pcmcia-cs package. Get it either from your distribution
      archives or from sourceforge.

      When you configure your kernel disable PCMCIA support. That's right,
      disable it. If you don't, pcmcia-cs will not build driver modules.

      In the Network Devices section, enable Wireless LAN but don't choose any
      devices.

      Build and install your kernel, and reboot to it.

      Go to /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs and do what the docs say about
      configuring and installing. I can't remember if it's "make configure &&
      make install" or "./configure && make install".

      Kevin