Gentoo DEC drivers (1.4_rc3 install CD)

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      Trying to install gentoo on one of my machines - it
      has a DEC-based NIC in it. I've used the Tulip drivers
      with it in the past successfully, but I can't load
      these when installing.

      It's my understanding that I need some sort of
      connection to the internet to download the portage
      tree, right? Can an install be done without this step?

      If someone could point me to a CD on which I don't
      need to load any drivers during install, and can do so
      later, I'd be much obliged! :)

      =====

      "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
      The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
      They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
      They choose the path where no-one goes."

      -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

      http://platinum.yahoo.com