laptop recommendation

  • Keith Sheffield
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2003
      I have an old Lattitude XPi CD 166 that has been running Debian just
      fine for years. Unfortunately, the LCD is beginning to give me some
      fits due to some mechanical problems. So, I'm in the market for a
      newer laptop.

      Are there any that are supported 'out of the chute' by RH 8/9 or
      Debian stable (ie. no recompiling the kernel or X to get something
      usable)? I'm looking for one that I can just install the OS and then
      get to work.

      thanks.