Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Inspiron 2600 Battery Meter

  • Randy Perkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2003
      On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 14:09, ahulc wrote:
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "bonkers54" <bonker_@h...>
      wrote:
      > Has anyone been able to get apm to successfully read the battery
      > meter? I have tried a few different kernel config combinations, and I
      > have the A06 bios. This is what happens for me:
      >
      > # apm
      > AC on-line, no system battery
      >
      > I get that with battery and no ac, battery with ac, and ac with no
      > battery.
      >
      > Anyone know how to fix this?

      Does anyone know about how to fix this problem?

      i have a i2650
      it does not support apm
      i got the battery meter to work with acpi

      it took a recompile of kernel with acpi patches

      i have posted more details in the past
      that you could revisit

      if you want to go this route
      and cant get the info you need from the previous posts,
      write back and i will help you some more

      see ya
      randy

      --
      Randy Perkins <randyperkins@...>