Closing the lid on my I4150 wacks the screen out

  • jemenake
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2003
      I know this was a problem for some other users as well, but I'm not
      sure if the problem has been solved without me knowing it.

      When I'm running X on my Debian Linux I4150, if I close and re-open
      the lid, the screen comes up as total jibberish (lots of little pixels
      of various colors... some flickering, some steady). If I close the lid
      and then re-open it and quickly restart X with Ctrl-Alt-BkSp, then the
      screen gets restored, but I lose everything that I was working on
      during my session.

      Has anyone figured out how to close/re-open the lid and have the
      screen not freak out?

      - Joe