Kernel 2.4.20

  • Thomas Andre <andre_t@epita.fr>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003

      I have a dell inspiron 8100 and I would like to compile the kernel
      2.4.20.
      But I am a beginner in kernel compiling.
      I look for the minimal 2.4.20 kernel config file for my laptop.
      Do you know where I could find it ?
      Could you send me your kernel config file ?

      My second question is : why usb modules are always loaded when my
      debian
      starts ?
      What could make them be loaded ?

      (Hope you understand me ;)

      Thomas.
    • Fredrik Roubert
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
        On Tue 04 Mar 17:13 MET 2003, Thomas Andre <andre_t@...> wrote:

        > My second question is : why usb modules are always loaded when my debian
        > starts ? What could make them be loaded ?

        In a standard Debian system, the USB modules are listed in /etc/modules
        and therefore loaded on startup. Just remove those entries if you don't
        want them to be loaded.

        Cheers // Fredrik Roubert

        --
        Möllevångsvägen 6c | +46 46 188127