Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Location of the Synaptics TouchPad driver.

  • Trond Thorbjørnsen
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
      On my I8200 with redhat 8, the touchpad and the usb-mouse doesn't work at the same time. This isn't much of a problem, because I rearly use the touchpad.
      But since some of you might have the solution for this: Can you describe it to a fairly-new-to-linux-person?

      Regards, Trond Thorbjørnsen

      Mon 03. Mar 2003, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Madsen_ skrev:

      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
      > Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.
      >
      > Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
      > also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
      > in the right area of the pad...
      > And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
      > button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
      > feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
      > can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??
      >
      > Regards,
      > Søren Madsen

      ______________________
      Trond Thorbjørnsen
      Organisatorisk nestleder
      SOS Rasisme i Norge

      http://sos-rasisme.no/

      PB 4720, Sofienberg
      0506 OSLO

      telefon: 22 35 00 56
      direkte: 22 35 29 74
      faks: 22 35 00 57
      mobil: 90 61 84 93

      e-mail: trond@...

      Bli med i SOS Rasisme:
      http://sos-rasisme.no/blimedlem/
    • Valentin Manev
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
        Hi there,

        Could someone tell me how can I set up my USB R/W for
        SD/MMC, SM, CF to work with Mandrake 9.0?

        Thanks

        Val

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/