Re: Location of the Synaptics TouchPad driver.

  • Søren Madsen
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
      wrote:
      > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
      Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

      Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
      also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
      in the right area of the pad...
      And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
      button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
      feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
      can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??

      Regards,
      Søren Madsen
    • Trond Thorbjørnsen
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
        On my I8200 with redhat 8, the touchpad and the usb-mouse doesn't work at the same time. This isn't much of a problem, because I rearly use the touchpad.
        But since some of you might have the solution for this: Can you describe it to a fairly-new-to-linux-person?

        Regards, Trond Thorbjørnsen

        Mon 03. Mar 2003, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Madsen_ skrev:

        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
        > wrote:
        > > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
        > Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.
        >
        > Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
        > also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
        > in the right area of the pad...
        > And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
        > button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
        > feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
        > can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??
        >
        > Regards,
        > Søren Madsen

        ______________________
        Trond Thorbjørnsen
        Organisatorisk nestleder
        SOS Rasisme i Norge

        http://sos-rasisme.no/

        PB 4720, Sofienberg
        0506 OSLO

        telefon: 22 35 00 56
        direkte: 22 35 29 74
        faks: 22 35 00 57
        mobil: 90 61 84 93

        e-mail: trond@...

        Bli med i SOS Rasisme:
        http://sos-rasisme.no/blimedlem/
      • Valentin Manev
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
          Hi there,

          Could someone tell me how can I set up my USB R/W for
          SD/MMC, SM, CF to work with Mandrake 9.0?

          Thanks

          Val

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/