Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Location of the Synaptics TouchPad driver.

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
      I believe you're correct about the touchpad. I'd have
      to boot into Windows to check, something I don't want
      to do when I'm running Linux. Windows is icky. :)

      --- lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@... wrote:
      > S��ren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
      > > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features.
      > The webpage states
      > > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might
      > also work with my
      > > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or
      > similar driver) with the
      > > I8200?
      >
      > AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a
      > Synaptics.
      >
      > --
      > L��rentey K��roly

      =====

      "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
      The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
      They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
      They choose the path where no-one goes."

      -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Søren Madsen
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
        wrote:
        > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
        Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

        Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
        also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
        in the right area of the pad...
        And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
        button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
        feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
        can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??

        Regards,
        Søren Madsen
      • Trond Thorbjørnsen
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
          On my I8200 with redhat 8, the touchpad and the usb-mouse doesn't work at the same time. This isn't much of a problem, because I rearly use the touchpad.
          But since some of you might have the solution for this: Can you describe it to a fairly-new-to-linux-person?

          Regards, Trond Thorbjørnsen

          Mon 03. Mar 2003, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Madsen_ skrev:

          > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
          > wrote:
          > > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
          > Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.
          >
          > Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
          > also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
          > in the right area of the pad...
          > And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
          > button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
          > feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
          > can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??
          >
          > Regards,
          > Søren Madsen

          ______________________
          Trond Thorbjørnsen
          Organisatorisk nestleder
          SOS Rasisme i Norge

          http://sos-rasisme.no/

          PB 4720, Sofienberg
          0506 OSLO

          telefon: 22 35 00 56
          direkte: 22 35 29 74
          faks: 22 35 00 57
          mobil: 90 61 84 93

          e-mail: trond@...

          Bli med i SOS Rasisme:
          http://sos-rasisme.no/blimedlem/
        • Valentin Manev
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
            Hi there,

            Could someone tell me how can I set up my USB R/W for
            SD/MMC, SM, CF to work with Mandrake 9.0?

            Thanks

            Val

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/