apci problems with inspiron 2650

  • Bradley Kalbaugh <bmk1st@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2003
      I have installed gentoo 1.4_r2 on my inspiron 2650. It works well and
      I'm using kde 3.1. My laptop power management isn't working. I enabled all apci
      features in gentoo kernel and haven't noticed any errors so far. I don't know
      what to do with apci. It's my first time using linux on my laptop.

      Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

      --Brad
    • grivell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Bradley Kalbaugh
        <bmk1st@y...>" <bmk1st@y...> wrote:
        > I have installed gentoo 1.4_r2 on my inspiron 2650. It works well and
        > I'm using kde 3.1. My laptop power management isn't working. I
        enabled all apci
        > features in gentoo kernel and haven't noticed any errors so far. I
        don't know
        > what to do with apci. It's my first time using linux on my laptop.
        >
        > Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
        >
        > --Brad

        I use the same distrib. On Kernel 2.5.64 right now.
        Different laptop, but as far as I can tell, Linux APCI isn't up to
        stuff. Go with the APM.

        1.4_r3 is out too. I have my make.conf set to ~x86 thought, so I'm in
        limbo when it comes to those release candidates.

        APM has my battery working (more or less, not the right countdown
        time, but the right percent at least).

        Good luck.
      • koalillo
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2003
          > > I have installed gentoo 1.4_r2 on my inspiron 2650. It works well and
          > > I'm using kde 3.1. My laptop power management isn't working. I
          > enabled all apci
          > > features in gentoo kernel and haven't noticed any errors so far. I
          > don't know
          > > what to do with apci. It's my first time using linux on my laptop.
          > >
          > > Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

          Works for me on ACPI/i2650. Which kernel sources do you use? Ensure
          that you have the ACPI patches installed.

          > APM has my battery working (more or less, not the right countdown
          > time, but the right percent at least).

          On an i2650????