RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: XFree resolutions

  • Hamish Morgan
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 28, 2003
      Hi Olli

      I definitely heard somewhere that the ATI RADEON MOBILITY 9000
      has functionality that allows it to render funny resolutions on
      an LCD screen than you would normally get. If you have ever
      used Photoshop or any other decent image manipulation program
      you would know that there are different function to resize an
      image: e.g. Nearest neighbour (bad but fast) and Bicubic (good
      but slow). It seems quite possible to me that ATI have
      implemented a better interpolation function into their card. It
      also seems quite possible that I'm just making it up (trying to
      justify spending 50% more for the ATI) :P

      Hamish