Need help with ALSA in RH7.3 on M233XT

  • David Uthmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2003
      I am trying to put RH 7.3 on my Latitude CP M233XT, but seem to be having
      difficulty with the sound.

      The sound works fine in Windows, although, as mentioned on several sites,
      it does use a different I/O address than any of the settings I've seen to
      use under Linux.

      I am trying to set up the sound using ALSA, but can't seem to get it
      working. I am using the settings I found on the Linux for Laptops website,
      but when I run ./utils/alsasound start, I get a message saying that
      modprobe can't find the snd_card_cs4236. That's about as far as I can get.

      Is there anyone that has done this that can help walk me through it to get
      my sound working?

      Thanks!
      Dave