Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Location of the Synaptics TouchPad driver.

  • Steve East
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
      Quoting Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@...>:

      > > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that
      > used
      > > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
      > > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
      > > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but
      > the
      > > XFree86 driver.
      >
      > The site has been renamed:
      >
      > http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html
      >
      > cheers,
      > c.

      Ahh, guess it takes time for Google to catch up.

      Many thanks from me *and* my X200...

      Steve.
    • Søren Madsen
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Steve East <Yahoo@S...> wrote:
        > Quoting Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@s...>:
        >
        > > > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that
        > > used
        > > > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
        > > > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
        > > > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but
        > > the
        > > > XFree86 driver.
        > >
        > > The site has been renamed:
        > >
        > > http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html

        This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
        that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
        I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
        I8200?

        Regards,
        Søren Madsen
      • lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@elte.hu
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
          Søren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
          > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
          > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
          > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
          > I8200?

          AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a Synaptics.

          --
          Lőrentey Károly
        • tvsjr@sprynet.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
            This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

            Terry

            > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
            > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
            > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
            > I8200?

            AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a Synaptics.

            --
            L??rentey K��roly

          • W.K. Vladmir Ward
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
              I believe you're correct about the touchpad. I'd have
              to boot into Windows to check, something I don't want
              to do when I'm running Linux. Windows is icky. :)

              --- lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@... wrote:
              > S��ren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
              > > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features.
              > The webpage states
              > > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might
              > also work with my
              > > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or
              > similar driver) with the
              > > I8200?
              >
              > AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a
              > Synaptics.
              >
              > --
              > L��rentey K��roly

              =====

              "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
              The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
              They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
              They choose the path where no-one goes."

              -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            • Søren Madsen
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
                --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
                wrote:
                > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
                Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

                Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
                also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
                in the right area of the pad...
                And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
                button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
                feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
                can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??

                Regards,
                Søren Madsen
              • Trond Thorbjørnsen
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                  On my I8200 with redhat 8, the touchpad and the usb-mouse doesn't work at the same time. This isn't much of a problem, because I rearly use the touchpad.
                  But since some of you might have the solution for this: Can you describe it to a fairly-new-to-linux-person?

                  Regards, Trond Thorbjørnsen

                  Mon 03. Mar 2003, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Madsen_ skrev:

                  > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
                  > Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.
                  >
                  > Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
                  > also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
                  > in the right area of the pad...
                  > And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
                  > button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
                  > feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
                  > can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Søren Madsen

                  ______________________
                  Trond Thorbjørnsen
                  Organisatorisk nestleder
                  SOS Rasisme i Norge

                  http://sos-rasisme.no/

                  PB 4720, Sofienberg
                  0506 OSLO

                  telefon: 22 35 00 56
                  direkte: 22 35 29 74
                  faks: 22 35 00 57
                  mobil: 90 61 84 93

                  e-mail: trond@...

                  Bli med i SOS Rasisme:
                  http://sos-rasisme.no/blimedlem/
                • Valentin Manev
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                    Hi there,

                    Could someone tell me how can I set up my USB R/W for
                    SD/MMC, SM, CF to work with Mandrake 9.0?

                    Thanks

                    Val

                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/