[linux-dell-laptops] Location of the Synaptics TouchPad driver.

  • Calum Mackay
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
      > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that used
      > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
      > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
      > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but the
      > XFree86 driver.

      The site has been renamed:

      http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html

      cheers,
      c.
    • Steve East
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
        Quoting Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@...>:

        > > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that
        > used
        > > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
        > > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
        > > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but
        > the
        > > XFree86 driver.
        >
        > The site has been renamed:
        >
        > http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html
        >
        > cheers,
        > c.

        Ahh, guess it takes time for Google to catch up.

        Many thanks from me *and* my X200...

        Steve.
      • Søren Madsen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Steve East <Yahoo@S...> wrote:
          > Quoting Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@s...>:
          >
          > > > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that
          > > used
          > > > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
          > > > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
          > > > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but
          > > the
          > > > XFree86 driver.
          > >
          > > The site has been renamed:
          > >
          > > http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html

          This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
          that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
          I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
          I8200?

          Regards,
          Søren Madsen
        • lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@elte.hu
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
            Søren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
            > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
            > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
            > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
            > I8200?

            AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a Synaptics.

            --
            Lőrentey Károly
          • tvsjr@sprynet.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
              This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

              Terry

              > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
              > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
              > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
              > I8200?

              AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a Synaptics.

              --
              L??rentey K��roly

            • W.K. Vladmir Ward
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
                I believe you're correct about the touchpad. I'd have
                to boot into Windows to check, something I don't want
                to do when I'm running Linux. Windows is icky. :)

                --- lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@... wrote:
                > S��ren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
                > > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features.
                > The webpage states
                > > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might
                > also work with my
                > > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or
                > similar driver) with the
                > > I8200?
                >
                > AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a
                > Synaptics.
                >
                > --
                > L��rentey K��roly

                =====

                "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
                The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
                They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
                They choose the path where no-one goes."

                -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              • Søren Madsen
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
                  --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
                  wrote:
                  > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
                  Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

                  Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
                  also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
                  in the right area of the pad...
                  And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
                  button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
                  feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
                  can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??

                  Regards,
                  Søren Madsen
                • Trond Thorbjørnsen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                    On my I8200 with redhat 8, the touchpad and the usb-mouse doesn't work at the same time. This isn't much of a problem, because I rearly use the touchpad.
                    But since some of you might have the solution for this: Can you describe it to a fairly-new-to-linux-person?

                    Regards, Trond Thorbjørnsen

                    Mon 03. Mar 2003, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Madsen_ skrev:

                    > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
                    > Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.
                    >
                    > Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
                    > also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
                    > in the right area of the pad...
                    > And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
                    > button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
                    > feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
                    > can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Søren Madsen

                    ______________________
                    Trond Thorbjørnsen
                    Organisatorisk nestleder
                    SOS Rasisme i Norge

                    http://sos-rasisme.no/

                    PB 4720, Sofienberg
                    0506 OSLO

                    telefon: 22 35 00 56
                    direkte: 22 35 29 74
                    faks: 22 35 00 57
                    mobil: 90 61 84 93

                    e-mail: trond@...

                    Bli med i SOS Rasisme:
                    http://sos-rasisme.no/blimedlem/
                  • Valentin Manev
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                      Hi there,

                      Could someone tell me how can I set up my USB R/W for
                      SD/MMC, SM, CF to work with Mandrake 9.0?

                      Thanks

                      Val

                      http://taxes.yahoo.com/