Location of the Synaptics TouchPad driver.

  • steveeast_55406 <Yahoo@SteveEast.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
      Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that used
      to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
      have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
      driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but the
      XFree86 driver.

      Thanks,
      Steve.
    • Calum Mackay
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
        > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that used
        > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
        > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
        > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but the
        > XFree86 driver.

        The site has been renamed:

        http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html

        cheers,
        c.
      • Steve East
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
          Quoting Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@...>:

          > > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that
          > used
          > > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
          > > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
          > > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but
          > the
          > > XFree86 driver.
          >
          > The site has been renamed:
          >
          > http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html
          >
          > cheers,
          > c.

          Ahh, guess it takes time for Google to catch up.

          Many thanks from me *and* my X200...

          Steve.
        • Søren Madsen
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Steve East <Yahoo@S...> wrote:
            > Quoting Calum Mackay <calum.mackay@s...>:
            >
            > > > Anyone know where I can find the Synaptics TouchPad driver that
            > > used
            > > > to be available through http://mobilix.org? That site appears to
            > > > have been shutdown by a trademark dispute and I can't find the
            > > > driver anywhere else. Oh, this is not the tpconfig utility, but
            > > the
            > > > XFree86 driver.
            > >
            > > The site has been renamed:
            > >
            > > http://tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html

            This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
            that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
            I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
            I8200?

            Regards,
            Søren Madsen
          • lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@elte.hu
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
              Søren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
              > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
              > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
              > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
              > I8200?

              AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a Synaptics.

              --
              Lőrentey Károly
            • tvsjr@sprynet.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
                This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

                Terry

                > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features. The webpage states
                > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might also work with my
                > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or similar driver) with the
                > I8200?

                AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a Synaptics.

                --
                L??rentey K��roly

              • W.K. Vladmir Ward
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
                  I believe you're correct about the touchpad. I'd have
                  to boot into Windows to check, something I don't want
                  to do when I'm running Linux. Windows is icky. :)

                  --- lorentey+linux-dell-laptop@... wrote:
                  > S��ren Madsen <Soeren@...> writes:
                  > > This driver seem to have a lot of nice features.
                  > The webpage states
                  > > that it works with an I8000, so I thought it might
                  > also work with my
                  > > I8200, but it doesnt. Has anyone used this(or
                  > similar driver) with the
                  > > I8200?
                  >
                  > AFAIK the I8200 has an ALPS touchpad, not a
                  > Synaptics.
                  >
                  > --
                  > L��rentey K��roly

                  =====

                  "Walking side by side with death, the devil mocks their every step
                  The snow drives back the foot that's slow, the dogs of doom are howling more
                  They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you
                  They choose the path where no-one goes."

                  -Led Zeppelin, "No Quarter"

                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                • Søren Madsen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 3, 2003
                    --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
                    wrote:
                    > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
                    Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.

                    Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
                    also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
                    in the right area of the pad...
                    And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
                    button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
                    feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
                    can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??

                    Regards,
                    Søren Madsen
                  • Trond Thorbjørnsen
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                      On my I8200 with redhat 8, the touchpad and the usb-mouse doesn't work at the same time. This isn't much of a problem, because I rearly use the touchpad.
                      But since some of you might have the solution for this: Can you describe it to a fairly-new-to-linux-person?

                      Regards, Trond Thorbjørnsen

                      Mon 03. Mar 2003, =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Madsen_ skrev:

                      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "tvsjr@s..." <tvsjr@s...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > This is correct - the I8200/C840 uses an ALPS, not a Synaptics. Red
                      > Hat 8 includes native support for the ALPS touchpad.
                      >
                      > Does it have all the nice features of the Synaptics driver? I can
                      > also get mine working, but not with any nice features, like scrolling
                      > in the right area of the pad...
                      > And btw... I asked a while back about the stick being used as a
                      > button when "punching" it, and people replied that it was not a
                      > feature of the stick. But I have just checked it in windows, and it
                      > can actually do it, so has anyone gotten it to work in linux??
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Søren Madsen

                      ______________________
                      Trond Thorbjørnsen
                      Organisatorisk nestleder
                      SOS Rasisme i Norge

                      http://sos-rasisme.no/

                      PB 4720, Sofienberg
                      0506 OSLO

                      telefon: 22 35 00 56
                      direkte: 22 35 29 74
                      faks: 22 35 00 57
                      mobil: 90 61 84 93

                      e-mail: trond@...

                      Bli med i SOS Rasisme:
                      http://sos-rasisme.no/blimedlem/
                    • Valentin Manev
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 4, 2003
                        Hi there,

                        Could someone tell me how can I set up my USB R/W for
                        SD/MMC, SM, CF to work with Mandrake 9.0?

                        Thanks

                        Val

                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/