RE: [linux-laptop] SMC2632W wireless card not recognized by Redhat 8

  • Carl Friedberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2003
      IIRC, on an IBM, both the SMC2632W and the Orinoco Gold worked just fine on Linux RH 8.0...

      Did you just plug it in? That's all my 11 year old son did; they just worked... I had downloaded some kind of SMC-capable driver (a beta, I think, from the SMC website); but it was not needed.

      I am astounded by how well RH 8.0 has done with IBM laptops, at least the I15xx and 390e/x series.

      Carl