[linux-dell-laptops] Re: mandrake 6.0 problems

  • Leon Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: vchoh@... <vchoh@...>
      To: linux-dell-laptops@... <linux-dell-laptops@...>
      Date: November 15, 1999 10:37 PM
      Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] mandrake 6.0 problems

      >loaded up the mandrake 6.0 version on my i3500 this weekend and found
      >that my pcmcia cards were not recognised (used the boot portion of the
      >cd). has anyone else had this problem?

      I'm not sure if this is still the case but up until RH5.2 PCMCIA isn't
      normally configured during the installation process. It is necessary to edit
      the configuration file (etc/pcmcia/pcmcia.conf ?) manually. Sorry, I would
      give more details if I had them at my fingertips. As far as I recall "NO"
      must be changed to "YES" and the "PCIC=" line must identify Intel's chip.

      Hope this helps. Hassle me if you want me to be more concrete.

      Leon Wood