Re: [linux-dell-laptops] I8100 Vesa XFree86 Config Examples?

  • Sudhakar Govindavajhala
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
      http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/linux/configs/Dell-XF86Config

      for I 8200. may be they are similar :)

      s.

      On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, dmatt001 <matt.davies@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I was wondering if anyone has an XF86Config-4 file configured for the
      > *vesa* drivers that I could use as an example with an I8100, UXGA,
      > G2G?
      >
      > Kind Regards,
      >
      > Matt

      Sudhakar.

      Sudhakar Govindavajhala Department of Computer Science
      Graduate Student, Princeton University
      Ph : (c) +1 609 273 8407 (o) +1 609 258 1763
      http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar
    • Patrick Carnahan <patrickc@cc.gatech.edu>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2003
        > I was wondering if anyone has an XF86Config-4 file configured for
        the
        > *vesa* drivers that I could use as an example with an I8100, UXGA,
        > G2G?

        out of curiosity, why not use the nvidia drivers? they've worked
        flawlessly for me, short of starting 2 simultaneous x servers.. :-)

        patrickc
      • Jim Richardson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2003
          On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:20:44PM -0000, Patrick Carnahan <patrickc@...> wrote:
          > > I was wondering if anyone has an XF86Config-4 file configured for
          > > the *vesa* drivers that I could use as an example with an I8100,
          > > UXGA, G2G?
          >
          > out of curiosity, why not use the nvidia drivers? they've worked
          > flawlessly for me, short of starting 2 simultaneous x servers.. :-)

          I have no trouble starting two X servers with the NVidia drivers, but I
          can't s2r while using them. So I us the NV drivers. Unless I want to
          play quake/ut. In which case, I kill X and restart with the nvidia
          drivers. Haven't tried two X servers, one with the nv and one with the
          nvidia drivers, I suspect it would not go well :)

          A bad day, is when aliens attack, the dog bites you, and your boss tells
          you that the new client wants to make a few changes before delivery.
          Linux, super computers, office computers, or home computers, it works.
        • Søren Madsen
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2003
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Sudhakar Govindavajhala
            <sudhakar@c...> wrote:

            > http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/linux/configs/Dell-XF86Config
            >
            > for I 8200. may be they are similar :)

            Can you do other resolutions than 1600x1200 with this config file?

            Regards,
            Søren Madsen