network card setup (got screwed up)

  • duckduckpenguin <kghia@triad.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      I screwed up some setting trying to get the advanced port replicator
      detected. I am not using the APR currently, but the laptop's use of
      the LinkSys PCMCIA card has been disrupted. How am I online? Well,
      interestingly, Demo Linux detected and setup the laptop correctly.
      That was nice to have around!

      Now, going into (cmd-"neat") Network Config(or something close, KDE
      > System > Network ???), it warns me that eth0 is aliased to tulip,
      but pcnet_cs is loaded. Changing the alias to pcnet_cs doesnt seem
      to work, but as it is my laptop doesnt seem to recognise any
      addresses (except for using this "rescue disc" Demo Linux 3.01)

      Something else may have been changed, but it seems to have my
      router's local IP as the default gateway, and I'm not sure why it
      doesnt want to connect. (except w/DemoLinux)

      William
    • duckduckpenguin <kghia@triad.rr.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
        doh! normal Linux(non-DemoLinux) is RH 7.3, current to a few days
        ago.

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "duckduckpenguin