latest on Dell Truemobile 1150 under Linux / Mandrake 9.0

  • Demosthenes <aristotle@internode.on.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I've tried in the past with no success to get the 1150 going under
      Mandrake 9.0. I can never compile the wlan-ng drivers properly and
      nothing ever works and I banged my head against the wall so much I
      almost banged a hole through it..

      Any latest pointers / web sites / faqs or general warnings or information?

      I've tried everything that I can think of - I am just a lowly newbie -
      who reads instructions and manual files but still has trouble...
    • Sudhakar Govindavajhala
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
        using the orinoco and orinoco_cs drivers made it work for me out of the
        box.

        S.

        On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Demosthenes <aristotle@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've tried in the past with no success to get the 1150 going under
        > Mandrake 9.0. I can never compile the wlan-ng drivers properly and
        > nothing ever works and I banged my head against the wall so much I
        > almost banged a hole through it..
        >
        > Any latest pointers / web sites / faqs or general warnings or information?
        >
        > I've tried everything that I can think of - I am just a lowly newbie -
        > who reads instructions and manual files but still has trouble...

        Sudhakar.

        Sudhakar Govindavajhala Department of Computer Science
        Graduate Student, Princeton University
        Ph : (c) +1 609 273 8407 (o) +1 609 258 1763
        http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar