extending internal dell truemobile 1150 minipci range

  • Benjamin Zeiss <bz@zeiss.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      hello,

      i'm wondering whether you guys here have some experience in tweaking
      the range of the 1150 minipci card. it works quite well for me when
      sitting directly in hotspots, but it doesn't reach the range of an
      orinoco card pcmcia card i have for testing. i'm thinking about
      firmware upgrades, changing/exchanging something with the antenna or so.
      or is it really a hopeless case with the card ? if so, are there any
      good minipci compatible wireless cards with a decent range that fit
      into the inspiron 8200 ?

      thanks for your answers...