Re: S2D on Latitude C610: »BIOS incompatible with MKS2D«

  • Anselm Lingnau <anselm@strathspey.org>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
      I fixed my problem today by backing up all my data (again!),
      removing all partitions, running MKS2D and rebuilding the disk
      from scratch afterwards. That did the trick.

      Funnily enough, when I wanted to restore my Windows partition
      (which is the one immediately after the S2D partition) everything
      was still where it was -- apparently the partition ended up in
      exactly the same place after MKS2D had grabbed its part of the
      HD :^)

      Incidentally, I also downgraded the BIOS back to A03 (which was
      the one that came with the machine) after the machine succumbed
      to the dread »wild fans« bug this morning. Now all is well
      again.

      Anselm