super high pitch noise in 2.5.x kernel

  • Thomas Graham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2003
      does anyone can hear the noise that coming from the
      dell 8100 laptop when you boot up with 2.5.x kernel or
      2.4.x patched kernel ?

      the noise source is close to the fans, you need to
      stay in a silence place, so that you can hear the
      noise.
      does anyone know what's going on with this problem ?
      if I am using 2.4.x non-patched kernel, it's fine, but
      if I am using a patched version of kernel ( gentoo
      patch ), or 2.5.x kernel, the noise will comes out,
      let me know if anyone have idea about this, Thanks.