Re: Radeon 9k and XFree 4.2.99

  • Søren Madsen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003
      > > When I, for example, shut the case of the thing and it suspends to
      > > ram
      > How did you get the suspend-to-ram function to work properly? I
      > couldn't get it to work with ACPI, haven't tried APM, yet. But I'd
      > really like to get it to work with ACPI because the XP-Dual-Boot needs
      > the ACPI.

      I have not done anything, it works out of the box of mdk 9.0... But Im
      assuming that it uses APM, based on this message in dmesg:

      Dell Inspiron with broken BIOS detected. Refusing to enable the local
      APIC.

      But it dont know... I have not tweaked anything... I have not touched
      the BIOS either, so I guess it is in its default state...

      Just tried a new version of XFree 4.2.99(Jan 25.), and it does the
      same thing with the radeon drivers.... Still hoping... :)

      Btw... I saw a post the other day about the XFree ati/radeon driver
      and DRI. It seems that there are some problems with DRI and suspend.
      Maby it is this Im running into? Havent checked if DRI is disabled...
      There should be a patch to the problem in XFree-CVS, but, as far as I
      could tell, the patch does not make it to 4.3...

      Regards,
      Søren Madsen