[linux-dell-laptops] neomagic "supported" with caldera?

  • vchoh@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 1999
      hi all,

      not sure if the last message came through. this question kinda related.

      had problems with mandrake 6.0 installation recognising pcmcia cards.
      i understand that caldera openlinux is supposed to be easier to install
      (and to get all peripherals working). but read somewhere that mandrake
      (because based on red hat) supports neomagic video card (therefore is
      an advantage to install mandrake for dell laptops). does caldera
      installation package have neomagic as an installation option?

      am thinking of erasing current mandrake 6.0 installation (by erasing
      with partition magic from win98 'side' of the harddrive).

      or maybe upgrading to mandrake 6.1

      which is better for the dell I3500??

      thanks.

      viv
    • Giray Devlet
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 1999
        what pcmcia cards do you have ... did you look through
        the pcmica howto ... did you start cardmgr

        what does lsmod say?

        gd