TV-Out on Inspiron 8200 with ATI M9

  • bnzde <bz@zeiss.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2003
      hello everybody,

      did anyone manage to get the tv-out working with the ati radeon
      mobility 9000 chip ? i tried the atitvout tool, but it didn't detect
      anything. any hints are greatly appreciated !
    • Benjamin Zeiss <bz@zeiss.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 11:15 AM
        just in case anyone is interested and for the archive. the program
        atitvout (using version 0.4) actually works with the ati mobility
        9000. the trick is to switch to a lower resolution like 640x480,
        800x600 and 1024x768 which is supported by the tv chip (using
        ctrl-alt-+ or ctrl-alt--). you can use then

        atitvout -f t (switch to tv out)
        and
        atitvout -f l (switch to lcd)

        the downside is that overscan is not supported by this tool so that we
        have small black borders and dualscreen doesn't work either. i've
        tried to get information concerning this from the gatos author, but he
        doesn't have any. i guess we'll have to live with that for a while.

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "bnzde <bz@z...>" <bz@z...>