[linux-dell-laptops] mandrake 6.0 problems

  • vchoh@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 1999
      hi all,

      loaded up the mandrake 6.0 version on my i3500 this weekend and found
      that my pcmcia cards were not recognised (used the boot portion of the
      cd). has anyone else had this problem?

      i'm assuming that even if i erased my linux partitions and tried to
      reload the 6.0 OS, i'd still not get any recognition of my cards.
      should i go to the mandrake site, get the files for 6.1 (if i can -- am
      i allowed to do this?) and try to load it up again? i'm assuming that
      i'd still have to erase all my partitions etc. not too much of a
      problem since I have my laptop under the partition magic set up from my
      win98 'side' of my HD.

      thanks in advance for your reply!

      regards,

      viv