Re: [linux-dell-laptops] My screen has preferations ;/

  • Gregory Gulik
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2003
      It sounds like your laptop was dropped.

      My i8100 fell off a laptop stand onto a tile floor about a week ago and
      has vertical lines in two places on the screen. They haven't gone away
      and they look very permanent.

      --
      Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/
      greg@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
        Call Dell tech support - if you don't tell them the
        specifics they should send you one out pretty quickly.
        They may have you reseat the video cable, but the
        likelyhood is that this won't do anything.

        Sounds like the best option is to just call them (and
        if you have CompleteCare they should send you one
        /even if/ you tell them that it was dropped)

        --- Gregory Gulik <greg@...> wrote:

        > It sounds like your laptop was dropped.
        >
        > My i8100 fell off a laptop stand onto a tile floor
        > about a week ago and
        > has vertical lines in two places on the screen.
        > They haven't gone away
        > and they look very permanent.
        >

        > Rodney Gordon II wrote:
        > > Do to, uh, "shitty" circumstances my laptop
        > (i8200) was in a pawn shop
        > > for about a month.. and now my LCD has .. lines,
        > on the left and right,
        > > going up and down.. looks like they sat something
        > on it or something..
        > > ugh.. any way to make these go away, or will they
        > just go away
        > > eventually? sigh.
        > >
        > > -r
        > >

        > --
        > Greg Gulik
        > http://www.gulik.org/greg/
        > greg@...

        =====

        "The clock strikes 12, and moondrops burst out at you from the hiding place.
        Miss Carrie Nurse and Susie Dear would find themselves at Four Winds Bar.
        It's the nexus of the crisis, and the origin of storms.
        Just the place to hopelessly encounter time...
        And then came me..."

        -Metallica, "Astronomy"

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Jason Lixfeld
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
          If you spend the extra hundred bux or so, you could have gotten Dell's
          Complete Care warranty for your laptop which covers accidental damage.

          On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 15:02, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:
          > Call Dell tech support - if you don't tell them the
          > specifics they should send you one out pretty quickly.
          > They may have you reseat the video cable, but the
          > likelyhood is that this won't do anything.
          >
          > Sounds like the best option is to just call them (and
          > if you have CompleteCare they should send you one
          > /even if/ you tell them that it was dropped)
          >

          > --- Gregory Gulik <greg@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > It sounds like your laptop was dropped.
          > >
          > > My i8100 fell off a laptop stand onto a tile floor
          > > about a week ago and
          > > has vertical lines in two places on the screen.
          > > They haven't gone away
          > > and they look very permanent.
          > >

          > > Rodney Gordon II wrote:
          > > > Do to, uh, "shitty" circumstances my laptop
          > > (i8200) was in a pawn shop
          > > > for about a month.. and now my LCD has .. lines,
          > > on the left and right,
          > > > going up and down.. looks like they sat something
          > > on it or something..
          > > > ugh.. any way to make these go away, or will they
          > > just go away
          > > > eventually? sigh.
          > > >
          > > > -r
          > > >

          > > --
          > > Greg Gulik
          > > http://www.gulik.org/greg/
          > > greg@...
          > >

          > =====
          >
          > "The clock strikes 12, and moondrops burst out at you from the hiding place.
          > Miss Carrie Nurse and Susie Dear would find themselves at Four Winds Bar.
          > It's the nexus of the crisis, and the origin of storms.
          > Just the place to hopelessly encounter time...
          > And then came me..."
          >
          > -Metallica, "Astronomy"

          "i'm we toddid. sofa king we toddid."
        • Rodney Gordon II
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
            Jason Lixfeld (jlixfeld@...) wrote:
            > If you spend the extra hundred bux or so, you could have gotten Dell's
            > Complete Care warranty for your laptop which covers accidental damage.

            I have complete care, and I just sent a msg to customer service. Now to
            wait heh..

            -r

            --
            Rodney Gordon II (meff) - meff@...
            http://www.pobox.com/~meff/
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2003
              I did call them this morning and they agreed to replace the display. I
              have an extended warranty, but not CompleteCare.