Inspiron 8200 and MIDI

  • mchristoph.eckert@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi all,

      I'm yet looking for a MIDI-Interface for the i8k. Has anybody
      something like this working and can tell me the product name?

      There are some USB to MIDI interfaces (edirol. midiman), but
      before I buy I have to know if they will work with ALSA 0.9.

      I only need 1 in and one out, and I want to have the cheapest
      solution that works ;-) .

      Gruß

      ce

      ======
      Installation von SuSE 8.0 auf einem Dell Inspiron 8200
      http://home.t-online.de/home/mchristoph.eckert/inspiron8200/
      ======
    • Manoj Rajagopalan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2003
        If you're looking to hook up your keyb to the i8200 try the Yamaha CCIBM
        cable. that lets you connect the to-host port of your keyboard to the
        serial port of your i8200.

        the cable costs about $15 and is available from musiciansfriend.com

        it doesn't come with drivers but you can download them from yamaha.com
        (you'll have to search a bit though).

        if you need to hook up something like a tone generator that has only
        MIDI ins and outs then you will need to buy a USB MIDI interface (these
        things are surprisingly expensive). You'll find all that you want at
        musiciansfriend.com

        cheers
        Manoj