Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Wheel mouse again

  • Ian Bell
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
      On Wednesday 01 Jan 2003 12:56 am, you wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > On Tuesday 31 December 2002 20:07, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:
      > > Section "InputDevice"
      > > Identifier "Mouse1"
      > > Driver "mouse"
      > > Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
      > > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      > > Option "Emulate3Buttons"
      > > Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
      > > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      > > Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
      > > EndSection
      >
      > /dev/input/mice is for a USB mouse. If you've got an external PS/2 mouse, I
      > don't know what device you should use, I would have though that it would
      > just work.

      it is /dev/psaux

      Ian
    • W.K. Vladmir Ward
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
        > > /dev/input/mice is for a USB mouse. If you've got
        > an external PS/2 mouse, I
        > > don't know what device you should use, I would
        > have though that it would
        > > just work.
        > >

        > it is /dev/psaux

        The touchpad is seen on /dev/mouse (which links to
        psaux). If I set anything in on psaux to imps/2 the
        touchpad will go crazy.

        Like I said, USB wheel mouse works, so it's all good. :)

        =====

        "The clock strikes 12, and moondrops burst out at you from the hiding place.
        Miss Carrie Nurse and Susie Dear would find themselves at Four Winds Bar.
        It's the nexus of the crisis, and the origin of storms.
        Just the place to hopelessly encounter time...
        And then came me..."

        -Metallica, "Astronomy"

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Ian Bell
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
          On Wednesday 01 Jan 2003 5:06 pm, you wrote:
          > > > /dev/input/mice is for a USB mouse. If you've got
          > >
          > > an external PS/2 mouse, I
          > >
          > > > don't know what device you should use, I would
          > >
          > > have though that it would
          > >
          > > > just work.
          > >
          > > it is /dev/psaux
          >
          > The touchpad is seen on /dev/mouse (which links to
          > psaux). If I set anything in on psaux to imps/2 the
          > touchpad will go crazy.
          >
          > Like I said, USB wheel mouse works, so it's all good. :)

          I have a 2650. In the bios set up I have set autodisable for the touchpad so
          it turns off when I plug in the Dell PS2 wheel mouse. I have no problems
          with the touchpad going crazy. Do you have a similar bios setting?

          Ian
        • W.K. Vladmir Ward
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
            Yeah, I have a similar setting. But it's still on
            psaux so I'd need to always have the mouse plugged in
            if I want imps/2 compatability, right?

            =====

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2003
              On Wednesday 01 Jan 2003 9:24 pm, you wrote:
              > Yeah, I have a similar setting. But it's still on
              > psaux so I'd need to always have the mouse plugged in
              > if I want imps/2 compatability, right?

              Exactly

              IAn