Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Wheel mouse again

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2002
      Actually, if I do that it views everything (external
      ps/2 mouse, touchpad, track stick) as imps/2 and goes
      psychotic.

      So long as it works with a USB mouse I'm okay. The
      wheel isn't that big of a deal :P

      --- Kwok-Ting Lee <endymion@...> wrote:
      > I think the proper device for a PS/2 mouse is
      > /dev/psaux. If you changed
      > the line where it reads:
      >
      > > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"

      > Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
      >
      > it might work.
      >
      > Anyway, I hope that's helpful.
      >
      > Lucas

      =====

      "The clock strikes 12, and moondrops burst out at you from the hiding place.
      Miss Carrie Nurse and Susie Dear would find themselves at Four Winds Bar.
      It's the nexus of the crisis, and the origin of storms.
      Just the place to hopelessly encounter time...
      And then came me..."

      -Metallica, "Astronomy"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Ian Bell
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
        On Wednesday 01 Jan 2003 12:56 am, you wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > On Tuesday 31 December 2002 20:07, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:
        > > Section "InputDevice"
        > > Identifier "Mouse1"
        > > Driver "mouse"
        > > Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        > > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        > > Option "Emulate3Buttons"
        > > Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
        > > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        > > Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
        > > EndSection
        >
        > /dev/input/mice is for a USB mouse. If you've got an external PS/2 mouse, I
        > don't know what device you should use, I would have though that it would
        > just work.

        it is /dev/psaux

        Ian
      • W.K. Vladmir Ward
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
          > > /dev/input/mice is for a USB mouse. If you've got
          > an external PS/2 mouse, I
          > > don't know what device you should use, I would
          > have though that it would
          > > just work.
          > >

          > it is /dev/psaux

          The touchpad is seen on /dev/mouse (which links to
          psaux). If I set anything in on psaux to imps/2 the
          touchpad will go crazy.

          =====

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
            On Wednesday 01 Jan 2003 5:06 pm, you wrote:
            > > > /dev/input/mice is for a USB mouse. If you've got
            > >
            > > an external PS/2 mouse, I
            > >
            > > > don't know what device you should use, I would
            > >
            > > have though that it would
            > >
            > > > just work.
            > >
            > > it is /dev/psaux
            >
            > The touchpad is seen on /dev/mouse (which links to
            > psaux). If I set anything in on psaux to imps/2 the
            > touchpad will go crazy.
            >
            > Like I said, USB wheel mouse works, so it's all good. :)

            I have a 2650. In the bios set up I have set autodisable for the touchpad so
            it turns off when I plug in the Dell PS2 wheel mouse. I have no problems
            with the touchpad going crazy. Do you have a similar bios setting?

            Ian
          • W.K. Vladmir Ward
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2003
              Yeah, I have a similar setting. But it's still on
              psaux so I'd need to always have the mouse plugged in
              if I want imps/2 compatability, right?

              =====

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2003
                On Wednesday 01 Jan 2003 9:24 pm, you wrote:
                > Yeah, I have a similar setting. But it's still on
                > psaux so I'd need to always have the mouse plugged in
                > if I want imps/2 compatability, right?

                Exactly

                IAn