Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Whell mouse

  • Chris Howells

      Hi,

      On Monday 30 December 2002 15:45, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:

      > To support the recognition of the wheel movement. It
      > works just fine, provided I have a wheel mouse
      > connected. BUT, if I load X with no external wheel
      > mouse connected, the input goes crazy when I try to
      > use the touchpad. If I connect the external mouse, it,
      > the touchpad, and the point stic all work perfectly
      > fine. Even after I disconnect the mouse everything
      > operates fine.

      You need a InputDevice Section for each mouse (first is trackpad, second is
      external USB mouse which appears as an emulated PS/2 mouse to X):

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Mouse0"
      Driver "mouse"
      Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
      Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons"
      Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "USB Mouse"
      Driver "mouse"
      Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
      Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      EndSection

      And your ServerLayout Section must reference both devices:

      Section "ServerLayout"
      Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
      Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
      InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
      InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
      InputDevice "USB Mouse" "SendCoreEvents"
      EndSection

      - --
      Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@..., howells@...
      Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt