[linux-dell-laptops] Re: SXGA+ with I7500

  • ssedlmeyer@crosswalk.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999
      iwa-@... wrote:
      =162
      > Dear Everybody,
      >
      > Does anyone have success to install Linux with SXGA+ on I7500 ?
      > Any hints to solve the problem is welcome.

      I think someone already posted a link to the instruction to get X
      working using the VESA Framebuffer server. I think you will have to
      wait for 3.3.6 or 4.0 before you will get native support for the I7500
      mostly because the Mach64 server doesn't support the Mobility-P chip
      just yet.
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 16, 1999
        On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:57:51 -0800, you wrote:

        >I have an I7500 with a XGA display and am unable to get X windows to
        >work either. Please help me . My email address is AndreaG287@....

        have you searched through the list archives ? there's various XFConfig files and
        suggestions from list members

        Neil
      • andreag287@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 16, 1999
          =165

        • steveh@eecs.umich.edu
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 16, 1999
            > I have an I7500 with a XGA display and am unable to get X windows to
            > work either. Please help me . My email address is AndreaG287@....

            See http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/

            By the way, 1400x1050 is now working using the server from Method 1 on
            that site. There is more discussion on this matter at
            http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/linux-notebook/discussion.html