[linux-dell-laptops] Re: SXGA+ with I7500

  • steveh@eecs.umich.edu
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 1999
      > > Does anyone have success to install Linux with SXGA+ on I7500 ?
      > > Any hints to solve the problem is welcome.

      See http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/ and
      http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/linuxonlaptops/

      You will be able to get 1280x1024 by using Method #4.
    • ssedlmeyer@crosswalk.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999
        iwa-@... wrote:
        =162
        > Dear Everybody,
        >
        > Does anyone have success to install Linux with SXGA+ on I7500 ?
        > Any hints to solve the problem is welcome.

        I think someone already posted a link to the instruction to get X
        working using the VESA Framebuffer server. I think you will have to
        wait for 3.3.6 or 4.0 before you will get native support for the I7500
        mostly because the Mach64 server doesn't support the Mobility-P chip
        just yet.
      • Neil
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 16, 1999
          On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:57:51 -0800, you wrote:

          >I have an I7500 with a XGA display and am unable to get X windows to
          >work either. Please help me . My email address is AndreaG287@....

          have you searched through the list archives ? there's various XFConfig files and
          suggestions from list members

          Neil
        • andreag287@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 16, 1999
            =165

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 16, 1999
              > I have an I7500 with a XGA display and am unable to get X windows to
              > work either. Please help me . My email address is AndreaG287@....

              See http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/

              By the way, 1400x1050 is now working using the server from Method 1 on
              that site. There is more discussion on this matter at
              http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/linux-notebook/discussion.html