[linux-dell-laptops] Re: sound problem on latitude CP

  • c_ryan_barnes@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 1999
      nei-@... wrote:
      =34
      > <7mfud2$r6j-@egroups.com> wrote:
      > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?sta
      rt
      > =13
      > > I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I
      have
      > > problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic MagicMedia
      > > 256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
      > > Thank you!
      >
      > this is a very late reply but according to all sources i've found
      there
      > is no driver for the neomagic 256, or any other way to get it to work
      > except I saw one mention that there is an unsupported driver from
      > www.opensound.com.
      >
      > Seemingly neomagic haven't supplied any info to the linux community to
      > make a driver.
      >
      > Neil

      I am new to Linux so this is late. I sent an email to NeoMagic and
      they have provided driver support for their video cards for X v. 3.3.x.
      But, the tech support person said sound was still not available.

      For whatever it's worth, hope it helps. I am installing RedHat 6.1
      tonight.
    • Jaime M. Garmendia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2000
        There is a documented way of getting sound to work in Dell's CPi's,
        look at

        http://www.radcyberzine.com/linux/linux-dell.html

        for details.

        Jaime

        c_ryan_barne-@... wrote:
        =164
        > nei-@... wrote:
        > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?sta
        rt
        > =34
        > > <7mfud2$r6j-@egroups.com> wrote:
        > > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?s
        ta
        > rt
        > > =13
        > > > I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I
        > have
        > > > problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic
        MagicMedia
        > > > 256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
        > > > Thank you!
        > >
        > > this is a very late reply but according to all sources i've found
        > there
        > > is no driver for the neomagic 256, or any other way to get it to
        work
        > > except I saw one mention that there is an unsupported driver from
        > > www.opensound.com.
        > >
        > > Seemingly neomagic haven't supplied any info to the linux community
        > > make a driver.
        > >
        > > Neil
        > >

        > I am new to Linux so this is late. I sent an email to NeoMagic and
        > they have provided driver support for their video cards for X v.
        3.3.x.
        > But, the tech support person said sound was still not available.
        >
        > For whatever it's worth, hope it helps. I am installing RedHat 6.1
        > tonight.

      • Neil
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2000
          On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:04:24 -0800, you wrote:

          >There is a documented way of getting sound to work in Dell's CPi's,
          >look at
          >
          >http://www.radcyberzine.com/linux/linux-dell.html

          A useful link

          .... any more useful links, PLEASE add them to the group links page:

          http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/info.html

          Thanks

          Neil