Inspiron 2650, ACPI, gkrellm

  • koalillo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2002
      Hi,

      After getting voltage readouts from ACPI, I tried kludging the gkrellm
      2.1.1 sources to report battery status.

      It's just a matter of setting maximum voltage status manually and not
      reading things that the ACPI on i2650 does not support, got the idea
      from googling around:

      http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=2142

      Well, experimentally, I've got a 15% charge indication from a full
      battery, but whatever. The problem is that after a moment,
      /proc/acpi/battery gets empty, and I get the following message
      repeated on dmesg:

      Nov 30 11:50:40 wintermute kernel: psparse-1103: *** Error: Method
      execution failed, AE_BAD_HEX_CONSTANT
      Nov 30 11:50:40 wintermute kernel: Method pathname:
      \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.BAT1._BIF (Node c12d78a8)
      Nov 30 11:50:40 wintermute kernel: acpi_battery-0134 [4555]
      acpi_battery_get_info : Error evaluating _BIF

      Seems to be pretty close to getting a decent battery monitor...

      Alex
    • koalillo
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
        OK, finally got it to work, more or less. I've modified the linux.c
        file in src/sysdeps of gkrellm-2.1.1 and I get a nice 100% battery
        status which decreases when I unplug the network adapter.

        You can get the linux.c file at:
        http://campus.uab.es/~2075931/linux.c

        (there should be a 'home' symbol before the 2075931, don't know if
        it'll show correctly)